HomeAnswersOtolaryngology (E.N.T)dysphagiaI suffer from dysphagia, inability to eat or drink, difficulty swallowing, and feeling something in my throat after singing. Please help.

How to get relieved from dysphagia, inability to eat or drink, and difficulty swallowing?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 25, 2023
Reviewed AtOctober 25, 2023

Patient's Query

I have dysphagia. I cannot eat or drink anything. And when I am not eating, I struggle to swallow. I started feeling something in my throat after singing. And I still feel it in my throat sometimes.

I would like to know how suddenly the symptoms appeared. How rapidly this has progressed, and any fever or painful swallowing.

Any previous history?

Have you been investigated?

Have you done any endoscopy or esophageal manometry?

Patient's Query

I tried overdosing on Tylenol last month. Could that have caused this?

And no, I have not been investigated.

Tylenol overdosing is less likely to be the cause of dysphagia. It can impact your liver, but dysphagia is less likely to occur. Depending upon the mode of onset and associated symptoms, the reasons can be acute, which may be infective or erosive gastritis, or esophagitis. Then one also needs to rule out chronic anatomical or obstructive lesions, which require endoscopy. One needs manometry to rule out functional causes or dysmotility if these are normal. Have you taken any antacids or proton pump inhibitors?

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Syed Peerzada Tehmid Ul Haque
Dr. Syed Peerzada Tehmid Ul Haque

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy