Q. I feel that there is water in my ear after cold exposure. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Shyam Kalyan N and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Ear Infection or Antihistamines? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

A month ago I was at an outside chlorinated hot springs but it was really cold and windy. I remember saying my ear is so cold like freezing so we went inside. Ever since that day it feels like water is in my ear. Sometimes worse than ever. Then I got a head cold and both my ears felt clogged. But the ear that got super cold still feels like water is in it even after the cold has mostly cleared up. I went to my family doctor and they said it was red in my ear canal but they do not see an infection or water in it. What do you think? If for some reason it is compacted, could that be seen?