Ear Wax Drops

How to unclog your ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up five days ago with clogging in my ears. Stupidly, I went with one of the first solutions I found online and poured hydrogen peroxide in my ear. It is now stuck in my ear canal and I cannot get it out. I have tried Swim-ear drops, ear candle, wax removal kit and shaking my hea...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How sure are you it is wax that caused the blocked ears? If you are absolutely sure, you can put the wax dissolving drops and, it will act on the wax, temporarily swell it and then dissolve it. Or, it will make the wax soft enough for easy removal by a doctor using...  Read Full »

What could be the problem, and how might I resolve ear pain?

Query: Hi, I have ETD in my left ear. I used debrox and the water syringe to clean wax because my ears felt clogged. Within a few hours I developed excruciating ear pain in my left ear. I immediately went to the urgent care to see if I had an infection and they said I didn't. They prescribed ear drops in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq, As per your history you might be having Otitis externa as you give the history ear manipulation or it can also be early stage of acute otitis media. To confirm otitis externa you can press your tragus, if it is painful then most likely diagnosis is otitis externa. Treat...  Read Full »

How to prevent excess ear wax formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting a lot of wax formation on both ears. Even if I clean the ears on a daily basis, but still it comes up again. This problem has started around 10 years back. I am suffering from dandruff problem around the same time, along with excessive oil secretion in the head. Not su...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a lot of wax formation on both ears and dandruff problems with oily skin for the last ten years. If your glands produce more earwax than normal, it may become hard and block the...  Read Full »

What could cause weird sound in ear with reduced hearing?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel some sound is hearing from my right ear and unable to hear normally. I am facing this problem for the last few months. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I totally understand how frustrating a blocked ear can be. With the symptoms that you have, the most probable possibility would be having impacted wax. This can be extremely frustrating as it blocks the entire ear canal and can cause pain and decreased hearing. You can...  Read Full »

Will using mineral oil help to cure ringing of ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 48 years old. A few months ago my ear was full of fluid, ringing, and infected. I took antibiotics which cleared up the infection. The fluid is gone, however, my ears still ring. Three weeks ago, I saw an ENT. He said that cells which had collected around the eardrum were impedin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Whatever mineral oil or any oil you instill, will only act outside the eardrum. The cells that are outside the eardrum form cerumen or wax and these oils will be helpful. I can give you the dose and duration for that. But however, if there was fluid inside the ear, n...  Read Full »

There is a separation noise under earlobe while filling mouth with air. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have this strange feeling behind my jaw on the left side just under my earlobe. When I fill my mouth with air to increase the pressure, the area that is irritated fills with air and makes a strange separation noise. It sounds like pulling apart wax and hair and I can feel the air in...  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem you are stating can be wax filled in the ear which is in a liquid state due to the entry of water and can cause this squishy noise in the ear. I suggest you prevent entry of water while taking bath for a few days by applying cotton to your ear during the bat...  Read Full »

Do I need to visit a doctor for ear block issue?

Query: Hi doctor,I just tried an ear wax cleaner and it just completely blocked my ears. I am having an ear block issue even after swimming. Is there anything I can do at home? Or do I need to visit a doctor?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The wax has absorbed the cleaning fluid and got swollen blocking the ear canal. It is common. The block is transient and you keep putting the drops as advised by the ENT doctor. Usually we put drops for 4 to 5 times daily for five to six days and then go back ...  Read Full »

Is tinnitus a side effect of AZO?

Query: Hello doctor, I began exhibiting symptoms that I would describe as tinnitus from a week. I get a loud noise or ringing in my left ear, although it also happens in the right ear. One fine day the tinnitus actually went to the other ear (my right ear), my tinnitus since then has not been focused in a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. While you have elaborated on your symptoms very meticulously, I still require some more details. Is there any hearing loss? Do you have any fullness of the ear? The tingling feeling, is it permanent? Do you have any giddiness? Any change of ear fullness or tin...  Read Full »