Q. What are the ways to manage ear clogging?

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar

I used Debrox for a minor ear clog, but after 4 uses and some flushing, my ear feels more clogged. My assumption is the consistency and subsequent build-up. I have used a water and hydrogen peroxide solution in the past without any problem. With COVID-19, is there any way to remedy this without having to go to the doctor’s, or is that the best and safest solution?

#

The most probable reason for this symptom could be due to impacted accumulation of wax in that particular ear canal. It is always adviced to refrain from using ear buds as it pushes the wax even further in the eae drum which can irritate the ear drum and interfere with sound transmission to the middle ear structures. After using wax dissolvent drops, the wax will get liquified but will still remain in the canal and can possibly create similar trouble. It is always advised to get the blob suctioned out under vision by an ent specialist. Once its completely suctioned out, you will have immediate relief from the symptoms.

|