Q. I have pregnancy symptoms, but my pregnancy test was negative. What else could it be?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

I gave birth three months ago. It was a C-section.

I am 36 years old. I have started feeling nauseous. Two days ago, I had the same pregnancy symptoms, like strong smelling sense and feeling sick to certain smells (just the ones I hated when I was pregnant). I did a home pregnancy test, and it was negative.

I finished my period nine days ago. What could it be due to if I am not pregnant?

Best regards.

#

I can understand your concern. It can be due to

• Any hormonal issue. Plan for TFT (thyroid function tests).

• PCOS or gastritis. Have you taken any spicy or oily food? You can take tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) and Emeset (Ondansetron) to prevent gastritis.

• Anemia. Check for hemoglobin.

• Vitamin deficiency. Check for folic acid, vitamin B, and vitamin D.

• Dehydration. Make sure you take adequate water.

For now, you can tablet Livogen (Ferrous Fumarate and Folic acid) and plan for an investigation so we can plan for the management.

|