Q. I feel listless and tired when I return home in the evening. How to resolve it?

Dr. Ambadi Kumar

I feel listless and tired when I return home in the evening. So much that I cannot exercise on the treadmill. I was on antipsychotics for 30 years which surely caused muscle stiffness and tardive dyskinesia. That could be one reason for the tiredness. Treatment for the above side-effects is now available and I will be starting it next week. Otherwise, it could be fatigue or something which I am asking you to pinpoint. Can you tell me what you suspect to be the cause? And what protocol we follow to resolve it?

#

The causes of fatigue are many including long-term antipsychotic medicines.

Other causes include anemia due to iron and B12 deficiency, thyroid diseases, cardiac failure, diabetes, sleep disorders, and medications to name a few.

You have not mentioned about your current medications as well as daily activities, your food habits, eating and sleeping habits exercise pattern.

There is no mention about your stress level at work and at home.

I would like to know the results of all tests done recently as well as the medication list you are currently taking.

Do you do meditation, yoga, etc., to reduce stress?

Nothing is also mentioned about your family history also.

So, please provide all the details and I would suggest how to fix your tiredness.

Please revert to me with the details I have asked for.

Hope this was useful.

For more information consult an integrative medicine specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/integrative-medicine-specialist

Attached are my reports. Tell me if you need any more tests to be done. I want to get to the bottom of the problem.

#

Saw your results (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I have a question regarding the echo. Was it done by a cardiologist because there is no mention of the doctor's qualification? If it was done by a cardiologist, the echo reports are more detailed.

Continue the same medications. What can be done is to change your lifestyle and eating habits which need to be explored by a detailed history taking.

You will need personalized advice on lifestyle which can be only explained after you talk with me.

|