Q. Is it normal to feel tired even after taking a nap?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 11, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

Why are some people still tired after taking a nap? Does the length of the nap matter? Is there a cutoff time where it reaches a diminishing return? Are some people's bodies just not suitable for naps? How do you plan the perfect nap?

Hematology Pathology
#

The short nap is not hazardous at all. It cannot lead to tiredness. Even a short nap can help in relieving tiredness. So do not worry regarding taking a nap. In the afternoon, 30 minutes to one hour nap is best one to relieve your fatigue. If you feel tired more easily then it cannot be due to nap but it can be due to some other cause like thyroid, electrolyte disturbance, low calcium, stress, etc.

| 

What is the cause of left-sided hand and leg numbness?

Query: Hello doctor,Left side hand and leg numbness and tiredness. I am taking cardiac medications.  Read Full »

How can I get rid of snoring?

Query: Hello doctor, Sometimes, I snore at night. It disturbs my wife. If I turn on my side, the snoring stops. But can you suggest ways to cure the snoring?  Read Full »

What could be the reason for uneasiness and tiredness in a heart patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is having uneasiness and tiredness since last two days. We have consulted a physician who suggested ECG and X-rays, and both of these were normal. The physician then suggested a 2D echocardiogram. The 2D echocardiogram report says suspected bicuspid aortic valve...  Read Full »