Q. Does my ECG show any serious problem?

Dr. Pramod Bhanudas Narkhede
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 24, 2021

I am suffering from anxiety. I am a 30 year old male. Kindly review my ECG reports and suggest whether they are normal or not.

#

• Your ECG is an old one and having some changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is increased rate in leads 2, 3, AVF, V5, V6, ST segment sagging and T inversions.
  • You should get a fresh ECG and a repeat echo and stress test. If these stay within normal limits, then you treat as anxiety.

Revert with the reports to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

This ECG was done today. Does it indicate any serious problem?

#

• No, the changes are non-specific. Your heart rate is more than 100 per minute and it may be stress induced (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • You need to rule out the major causes for the same. Also, get echo and stress test done to rule out the cause related to decreased blood supply.
  • There is no need to worry. Just do the evaluation before attributing it to anxiety.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|