Q. I take BP medicines. Does my ECG look normal?

Dr. Salam Salloum

My ECG is attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I regularly have high BP medicines. At present, my BP is normal.

#

The ECG shows that you have a fast heart rate of around 120 bpm (100 is the upper limit normal at rest). This could be because you had the ECG immediately after walking long distance or not had adequate rest before you had the ECG. If this is done at rest (that is at least 10 minutes rest) then you need to start taking some medications to control the heart rate or increase the dose if you are already on one of those medicines. It is worth keeping an eye on your heart rate regularly to make sure that it is not a one off fast heart rate.

|