Q. Is there any problem with my mother's ECG?

Dr. Isaac Gana
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 12, 2021

My mother is 56 years old and weighs around 58 kg. She is having chest symptoms while walking fast and also has a cold. Her heartbeat is also little high. I got her ECG done, can you please tell if anything is wrong with the ECG?

#

• I have gone through the ECG result attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it is normal without changes.
  • Her heart rate is also normal, and normal heart rate is 60 to 90 bpm.
  • When you say chest symptom, do you mean chest pain? Is it accompanied by shortness of breath? Does the pain last up to five minutes? Does she smoke or drink? It is important to know this details to be able to know what exactly is causing the chest pain.

Revert with more information to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Thank you for the quick reply. She has always been a smoker, and she has Crohn's disease. When she is active, she gets a sensation in the upper chest, like a cold feeling from the chest up to the throat and onto the ears. Could it be a respiratory problem? She is about to catch a cold.

#

• Chest pain is not typical for Crohn's disease.
  • She could be having a respiratory tract infection, although her history of smoking puts her at risk of a cardiovascular disease.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|