Q. Kindly interpret my ECG report taken for chest soreness and cough.

I have chest soreness and semiproductive cough. Kindly review my EKG report.

I am currently on Testosterone. My flu test and COVID test are negative.

#

Your ECG (electrocardiography) is fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Technically it is a sinus rhythm with T wave inversion in III (can be seen normally), and no other significant ST abnormalities were seen. So there are no significant abnormalities in your ECG.

Considering the history of semi-productive cough, it is probably a noncardiac issue and likely a respiratory problem. The usual probabilities are infection, allergies, or sometimes gastric reflux.

What is the duration of the symptoms? Do you have any history of allergies? Or do these symptoms come with a change in season or other allergen exposure? Is there any history of fever or feverishness, weakness, gastric discomfort, etc.?

Cardiac breathlessness sometimes may cause similar symptoms, but usually, one has a long history of a few months leg swelling, low BP, or chest pain on exertion.

Should I follow up with a cardiologist in-person to have that T wave inversion investigated? I was also curious about lead IV. It is not as pronounced as the other leads.

The symptoms have been present for 7-10 days. No fever, stable blood pressure, no oxygen saturation, and no leg swelling. I am feeling slightly better now. I have been tested for allergies in the past, with no significant allergies indicated.

#

There is no lead IV in the attached ECG tracing. Except for T wave inversion in III, there are no changes in the attached tracings. Even this T wave inversion in III is not considered significant.

Now symptomatically, it does not appear cardiac to me. However, it is better to obtain a standard 12 lead ECG just to be sure. If 12 lead ECG is normal, then I do not think there is anything to worry about it from a cardiac perspective.

Symptomwise, this appears like a viral infection or an episode of allergy (even if you were tested negative for allergies as tests are not reliable in this case). Sometimes acid reflux can cause such symptoms by acid entering the lungs.

| 

ECG shows RBBB and marked left ventricular hypertrophy. What does it mean?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 12 years old, very active, plays representative basketball and attends a sports high school. Last Sunday, he was knocked over while playing and hurt his arm. After getting up, he fainted. He was fine after that. There were no broken bones, but the medical center did an ECG, and...  Read Full »

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full »

My cough lasted only for a week and the doctor says it is tuberculosis.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, There is parenchymal infiltrate on the right upper lobe of my lung. My doctor said that I have a ptb3, which looks like a serious stage of tuberculosis. I was shocked because I never had a cough since September. Before the month of September, my cough lasted only for a week and then su...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»