Q. My ECG report was strange. Is this due to anxiety?

Dr. Isaac Gana
Published on Jun 13, 2019

I had a strange ECG from my watch. No one else looks like mine, and my primary doctor said that it is anxiety.

Dr. Isaac Gana

Cardiology
#

I have thoroughly gone through the ECG results there are no specific changes that would indicate any pathological change. ECG results might show different shapes and morphology, but it does not necessarily mean it is abnormal. I have to ask what are you doing about your weight? You are overweight, and it puts you at risk for cardiovascular disease. I hope you have put in measures to help reduce your excess weight like dieting and exercise.

| 

I have tried to increase activity and moderation on a diet. I have been in nursing school for the past two years and put on a significant amount of weight. Anxiety has not helped with the fear of heart problems and exercise.

Dr. Isaac Gana

Cardiology
#

I understand how difficult it to combine losing weight and studies, especially nursing school, but it is still very possible. First you need to draw up a time table on how you will manage your time to be able to exercise and study at the same time. Make sure to include lots of vegetables and fruits into your diet. Eat one fruit before every meal, drink at least three litres of water every day and avoid eating large portions of food at a time.

Try to exercise at least three times a week for 30 to 45 minutes a day. You can do exercises like skipping, jogging or walking. If you choose to walk, make sure for at least an hour. Continue to exercise and diet even if you do not notice any significant weight loss initially. Gradually you will achieve a healthy weight. Have you a recent lipid profile test?

| 

I do not show my emotion at any time. Is that due to anxiety or social disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have some form of social disorder. I do not have feelings like others. I do not feel empathy but can be empathetic on cue as I know the social cues. And I prefer to keep to myself. Can you please advise where I can be diagnosed? I have always thought it was anxiety as this...  Read Full »

What exactly is a right bundle branch block?

Query: Hi doctor, My ECG report says that I have a right bundle branch block. What is it? Does it require attention?  Read Full »

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »