Q. I have attached my echocardiography results. Can you please review?

Dr. Isaac Gana

Can you please review my results and confirm if my heart is normal.

#

I went through all the results of the investigations (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). All are within normal limits with no abnormalities detected.

Although the investigations are within normal limits, I have to notice that you are overweight based on your BMI (body mass index). Your weight increases your chance of developing heart disease in the future. You must follow a diet and do exercise to achieve a more desirable weight. It would help if you targeted losing at least 20 Kgs by the end of the year.

Did you do a lipid profile test, fasting blood sugar, and check your blood pressure level? These are equally very important, if you can get it done as soon as possible.

Best regards.

To confirm that there were no noticeable problems with the echo, and it is normal. Please explain what is trace to mild pulmonic regurgitation. Is that a once-off, and will it go away? In the holter monitor, what is the difference between supraventricular ectopic beats to other PVC or PAC? Are they the same type of ectopic beat? I have attached the latest blood work results. I will definitely take your advice and try to lose a minimum of 20 Kgs by the end of the year. Please reassure me that if my heart structure and rhythm are both normal now, my heart is also healthy.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com

1) Mild pulmonic regurgitation means there is a slight backflow of blood back through the pulmonary valve. This is a change we commonly see in the majority of the healthy population. It can only be of significance if there is moderate or severe regurgitation.

2) Both supraventricular ectopic beats and PVCs (premature ventricular contractions) mean the same thing. They are extra beats originating from the lower part of the heart, while PACs (premature atrial contractions) originate from the atruml. Both occur in healthy patients also. Although in some rare cases can be caused by fatty deposits in the arteries.

It is important to do a fasting lipid test to check your cholesterol levels. Do you often experience your heart skipping?

|