Q. Will I be able to get pregnant normally after ectopic pregnancy?

Dr. Nadia Khan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Mar 31, 2019

I had an ectopic pregnancy. It was my first pregnancy. I am scared to get pregnant again. What kind of birth controls should I use? Can I get a normal pregnancy again?

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Ectopic pregnancy is a common condition in females of reproductive age group and there is no need to get anxious for getting pregnant as most of the women with previous one ectopic pregnancy contemplates successful pregnancies in the future. You can use any type of contraception which is suitable for your health but you must avoid intrauterine devices (coils) to avoid the risk associated with these as these coils slightly increase the risk of ectopic pregnancy.

How to identify an ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my report. Can you please have a look and let me know is it a cyst or an ectopic pregnancy?  Read Full »

How long does Yasmin or Lucette birth control take to work?

Query: Hello doctor, How long does Yasmin or Lucette birth control take to work? I have just started my third month and heard that it takes about three months to work. However, I have already seen much improvement and it did not break me out really badly in the first few weeks which it did for many others...  Read Full »

On which day should I start taking regular birth control pill for one month?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old female and interested in starting birth control pills. I have done all my checkups and everything was okay for me to start them when I get a period. But my periods became light and irregular and I could never predict when I am going to have one, so it has been a conf...  Read Full »