Q. I got rashes in the penis and inner thighs. Is it due to COVID-19 or excessive sweating?

Dr. Abdel Hakam Soliman

I am having COVID-19 for the last 10 days, and I am getting treatment for the same. Within the last 10 days, first, I got a rash on my penis, and I took Candid-B and Hydrocortisone cream to treat it. And today, while taking a shower, I could feel another rash on my leg in the area where the testicles touch the leg. I have applied Candid-B and Hydrocortisone cream to the affected area. I have attached pictures of the rash in the penis and the rash that I got today on my leg. Can you please tell me if it is a serious problem of the skin due to COVID-19 infection? Can the rash that appeared today be due to sweating as this area folds with your skin?

#

According to your picture (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), eczema is due to contact and humidity. Do not worry it is a simple issue: it is not related to COVID-19.

• I advise tablet Desloratadine orally once daily and Betnovate-N cream topically twice daily for one week.
  • Please take a shower every day before bedtime with mild soap and avoid rubbing or scratching there.

It will be fine and let me know after one week.

Can you please tell me if I can put Candid-B and Hydrocortisone cream, which I have? Will it be enough to subside the problem?

#

Yes, you can continue with it, but please change to emollient, other medications, and instructions I prescribed as soon as possible.

Take care.

|