Q. Please suggest a siddha remedy for eczema in head with itching.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

My 3-year-old boy has eczema in the head with itching. It becomes pinkish sometimes while scratching. Please say some remedies.

#

This condition can be treated by Siddha drugs. This is known as kabala kuttam or a type of bala karapan. The allergic symptoms are due to external or internal allergy. For example, cow milk, wheat, health powders (Horlicks, etc), soya powder, shampoo, hair oil, hairpin, cloths touching hair, flowers kept on hair, cool-dry climate, certain allergic foods, etc. If the baby is still feeding by mother's milk, then the mother's milk might contain some allergen. This allergen is produced in milk if the above mentioned allergic products are used by the mother.

First thing is to identify the allergen (triggering factor). Avoiding the trigger will give a permanent cure.

The second thing is to treat the allergy by Siddha drugs.

1) Dhoorvathi thailam (other name is Arugam pul thailam) or Poduthalai thailam or Mathan thailam. Buy any one oil. Apply on the scalp (head). Wait for one hour, then give a mild hot water bath. Apply daily for 60 days. Once the lesion is cured, then apply this oil weekly two days. In the remaining days, you can use normal routine oils.

2) Vallaarai ghritam, give 10 drops in the morning, 10 drops in the afternoon and 10 drops in the night. Continue for 60 days. This drug cures skin problems in kids. It also improves memory and gives immunity.

You may also get advice from nearby Siddha pediatrician.

| 
1 out of 1 likes

Is the itchy painful lesion in fingers due to fungal infection?

Query: Hello doctor, Eczema or fungus on right thumb and index, it looks like it is expanding and it leaves apparently dead skin behind which peels off. I have pictures for a better understanding. It itches none to moderately, it hurts slightly when applied pressure on. I am a driver.  Read Full »

My baby is suffering from eczema. Please suggest some treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 months old baby has pretty bad eczema. Just recently, he had a bad flare-up in which he was weeping from both legs, arms, hands and cheeks. For 80% of the day he is suffering with rash and seems to have no relief at all. He scratches and cries continuously throughout the day and wak...  Read Full »

Please suggest Siddha medicine for testicular pain and low sperm count.

Query: Hello doctor, I have testicle pain on both sides (more pain felt on the right side). Sperm count is also low. What to do?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Siddha Medicine Specialist Now