Q. What could cause recurrent skin rashes and itching all over my right hand?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

I have rashes and itching all over my right hand. I can hardly eat. I consulted many dermatologists. They have prescribed me medications. In the beginning, it just gets fine, it seems like it is getting cured, but it returns. When using soap, the irritation is higher, so I hardly use soaps now. Kindly suggest a cream-based ointment, as oil-based create more itching.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern. You have eczema. The ointment does not cause itching. Dryness, crack, and fissuring easily absorbs multiple chemicals, making the process chronic. Chemicals could be soap, detergents, and perfumes. The best way is to keep on applying petroleum jelly after every two to three hours. And if it becomes severe, you can use Clobetasol propionate ointment twice daily.

I hope this has helped. Thank you.

|