Effective Learning Strategies

Why do some students lack interest in studies?

Query: Hi doctor,First time, when I was in the hostel I acted like fainting. So, they took me to the hospital and after checking BP, the doctor said it was low. The next day, I got very high fever and came home. Then after some days, I went hostel as I had kidney pain. I was brought here and had a scan. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are feeling a lack of interest in studies and unable to focus on your studies.  Read Full »

I am losing my learning capabilities and having memory problem. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing memory problem. Day by day I am feeling like I am getting down like forgetting most of the previous things specially related to my academic life. I am losing my learning capabilities. I am finding hard to memorize things now.  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At your age usually the problem is due to loss of concentration resulting in decreased memory power. Practice relaxation techniques like breath relaxation excercises daily as it will help you relax and focus and eases your anxiety. Study in small shifts of half an ho...  Read Full »

How to treat my memory problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from memory problem. I am in 12th grade now. My aim is to get into MBBS. But, I do not remember anything that I learnt in 11th grade. I do not even remember what I studied a week before. Please get me a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You mentioned that you have memory problem, because you are unable to recall the stuff you learnt a year or week ago. First be clear that it is pretty much normal. You are unable to recall learned material with the same lines and words. However, when we do learn we recomm...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest methods to improve learning skill without any fear.

Query: Hi doctor, As a student how to improve learning skill without any fear? How can I live stressless and enjoy my student life happily?   Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand. Memory and mind power depends on three aspects. Understanding, retention and recollection. Recollection is easy if your retention is proper and flawless. Retention is possible when you are able understand what you read or learn. To understand you shoul...  Read Full »

How can we manage seizure disorder and a learning disability?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has been suffering from a seizure disorder from her birth and has been taking AED. She is 13 years old now and at present she has been taking Valparin Chrono 500 and Levipil 750 both twice daily. She attained puberty before two years and presently studying in sixth standard. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter has two independent medical problems. The seizure disorder needs management with medications. Her learning disability needs appropriate assessment and remedial work. I do understand that most schools do not offer remedial teaching and they leave the parent...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to memorize despite repeated learning?

Query: Hello doctor,I cannot memorize anything despite learning many times or reciting speech. I find it very difficult to study. I become desperate when I cannot memorize anything. Thi has been present for the last five years. Please help. I am currently on Laroxyl to help me sleep.   Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Memory and mind power depends on three aspects: Understanding, retention, and recollection. Recollection is easy if your retention is proper and flawless. Retention is possible when you are able understand what you read or learn. To understand, you should have con...  Read Full »