Q. Is it good to take Cyclogest during pregnancy?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

Is it safe to take Cyclogest for three weeks as I saw a tiny amount of blood in the tissue which I wiped? I am five weeks pregnant and I heard the heartbeat on the ultrasound. The doctor told me that the baby has normal growth. Please suggest.

#

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. You can take progesterone during pregnancy if you are having spotting and hormonal deficiency. It is helpful to cure hormonal imbalance and helps to have proper growth of the baby. So you can take it.

I do not have a spotting. I saw a tiny amount of blood when wiping and it was only once. Can Cyclogest cause any side effects on the baby after born? I do not have a history of hormonal problems. My gynecologist did a calculation of the due date wrong last time and she thought that I am six weeks. But really, I am four weeks. I am going to have the third vaginal ultrasound this month. Is it bad for the baby?

#

No, there are no harmful side effects on the baby due to Cyclogest (progesterone). Ultrasound has no side effects on the baby. You can take Cyclogest safely and it helps for the growth of the baby without any side effects.

|