Q. I took an expired Long drive capsule. Will it cause any side effects?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 21, 2021

I took a Long drive capsule by mistake, which got expired last month. I am worried about the side effects of taking expired pills. Can it cause any serious side effects? And if yes, how long will these side effects last? I took only one capsule.

#

Thanks for your query.

• Do not worry. Pharmacy companies put the expiry date one to two month earlier than the actual expiry date. After the expiry date, the medicine loses their potency, and they will not be able to produce the intended effect rather causing any untoward life-threatening reactions.
  • If Long drive capsule, which has Sildenafil as an active component is taken after expiry, it will show less effect and erection will subside soon. But since you are anxious, I would suggest keeping an eye on your blood pressure and heart rate.

If you have any further query, feel free to ask. Thanks.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you for replying. Does it cause any life-threatening problem? And will it cause any sexual problem?

#

• As I said, the potency of the expired drug is less, so effects will be less. Expired drugs do not cause any life-threatening reactions, but just keep an eye on heart rate, blood pressure, and painful penile erection until Sildenafil is removed from the body, which is usually 4 to 6 hours after taking it.
  • It has no long-term effect on sexual activities. But, avoid taking any sexual enhancement drugs unless prescribed by a doctor in future. Thanks.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|