Q. What are the effects that can occur due to a change in the dosage of tablet Effexor?

Dr. Siva Anoop Yella

I recently increased my medication dosage of tablet Lithium from 450 mg to 900 mg. My lithium level was 0.4 before increasing the dose. Also, the dosage of the tablet Zyprexa has been increased, and the tablet Effexor has been decreased. However, I am noticing a difficulty in word-finding, speech, and thinking since the change of dosages. What could be the reason for it? How to manage the complaints? Also, what are the best ways to improve mood and relieve depression?

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern and would be happy to help. Let me know if the dosage adjustments were made by a psychiatrist or yourself? Decreasing the dosage of tablet Effexor (Venlafaxine) all of a sudden would cause speech and thinking difficulties. I suggest you to avoid self-medication to prevent such untoward incidents.

Kindly revert in case of further questions.

Thank you for your response.

My doctor has changed the dosages. The dose of tablet Effexor has been tapered from 225 mg to 150 mg. Please suggest ways to improve my mood and energy.

Kindly advise.

#

Tablet Lithium (Lithium carbonate) and tablet Effexor (Venlafaxine) help elevate mood and energy. I suggest you to continue with the medications. Also, I suggest you follow the below steps:

• Do physical exercises daily.
  • Sleep adequately.
  • Follow a healthy routine.
  • Keep yourself sufficiently motivated every day.
  • Write down a diary about all the good things you have done that day.
  • Feel grateful for all the positive things and avoid the negative stuff.
  • Make sure to smile and laugh with your family and friends.
  • Try to live in the present, do not think about what happened in the past, and do not worry about the future. Living in the present is always important.

I would be glad to help you any further.

Cheers and Goodluck.

|