Q. Can I lose weight by eating only eggs for breakfast and lunch?

Dr. Durga Kumari

There is a diet to lose 10 kgs in 10 days where I have to eat three eggs at breakfast and three eggs at lunch and oats for dinner. So, I want to really do this diet. My question is, can I eat four or six eggs together at breakfast because I cannot have them later due to my schedule. Is it fine?

Dr. Durga Kumari

Dietician Nutritionist
#

This is absolutely not a good way to lose 10 kg in 10 days. It can create several health problems. So, I suggest you do not do this. The best rate would be to reduce 4 to 5 kg in a month.

About eating eggs, eating three to four eggs is ideal for weight management, but we need also other food items to maintain weight like fruits, vegetables, cereals, dals, water, etc.

I suggest the following:

1. Have small meals.
  2. Regular exercise or yoga is a must.
  3. Consume more fruits and vegetables.
  4. Have water in plenty.
  5. Use the stairs.
  6. Do not skip any meal, especially breakfast.

Revert to me if you need a personalized diet chart. I will gladly help you.

For more information consult a dietician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

| 

But, can I consume four eggs at breakfast? Is it digestible?

Dr. Durga Kumari

Dietician Nutritionist
#

The rate of digestion can vary from one person to another.

While some people's bodies are found to be able to digest more than five eggs, it is not the case with everyone.

So you can try if you must. But, if you feel some discomfort, please stop it immediately.

| 

I have weight loss due to digestion issues. How to gain the weight back?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from digestion issues, mostly bloating, from more than seven months. While taking medicines, I was feeling fine, and once I stopped them, my symptoms recurred. My present symptoms include indigestion, constipation, improper motions, low appetite, weight loss, inabilit...  Read Full »

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

Can losing weight help keep my blood sugar in control?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 37 years old and I weigh 100 kg with a height of 168 cm. I am a pre-diabetic. I m taking Metformin these days. If I lose like say 25 kg then can I stop taking medicines and control my blood sugar normally? Can this diabetes be cured?  Read Full »

Ask a Dietician Now