Common "Elevated Bilirubin" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Elevated Bilirubin

Bilirubin is an orange-yellow compound produced as a result of red blood cell breakdown. Increased bilirubin levels are found in liver cirrhosis and cancer, jaundice, autoimmune hepatitis, biliary cholangitis, gall stones, Gilbert's syndrome, bile duct inflammation, hemolytic anemia, hepatitis, etc. Apart from these, symptoms of illness like fatigue, abdominal pain, fever, chest pain, chills, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, etc., also cause elevated bilirubin levels.