Q. Please suggest medicine and diet plan for high bilirubin levels.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Dec 25, 2018

I am a 34-year-old male. I am suffering from jaundice. Last week my eyes have turned slightly yellowish and after that, I had my blood test and hepatitis test. Tests show positive, bilirubin levels are 10 mg/dl. Can you suggest me medicine and diet plan?

#

I went through your post. You have possibly hepatitis which needs to be checked for the type of hepatitis. So viral serology needs to be done. Regarding diet, you have to take vegetables, fresh fruits, and avoid oily and fatty stuff. Most of the hepatitis is self-remitting and resolve of its own so only supportive treatment is given. The medicines are given only if hepatitis persists after six months.

For time being you take Dolo 650 (Paracetamol) if there are fever or body aches otherwise no treatment is needed just have to watch for altered consciousness.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|