Q. Please suggest medicine and diet plan for high bilirubin levels.

Published on Jul 08, 2018 and last reviewed on: Dec 25, 2018

I am a 34-year-old male. I am suffering from jaundice. Last week my eyes have turned slightly yellowish and after that, I had my blood test and hepatitis test. Tests show positive, bilirubin levels are 10 mg/dl. Can you suggest me medicine and diet plan?

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post. You have possibly hepatitis which needs to be checked for the type of hepatitis. So viral serology needs to be done. Regarding diet, you have to take vegetables, fresh fruits, and avoid oily and fatty stuff. Most of the hepatitis is self-remitting and resolve of its own so only supportive treatment is given. The medicines are given only if hepatitis persists after six months.

For time being you take Dolo 650 (Paracetamol) if there are fever or body aches otherwise no treatment is needed just have to watch for altered consciousness.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Does hepatitis virus stay dormant in the body after infection or get cleared?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been given hepatitis B blood test that showed the HBsAg negative and the hepatitis B core antibody image as positive. I am currently getting labs done for hepatitis B Surf Ab Quant, HBsAg screen, hepatitis B virus profile, and panel. I am getting conflicting information on websit...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have positive HBV core IgM which means one of the following: Recent infection (window phase). Reactivation of chronic infection. False positive result. Do you have any symptoms of active hepatitis, like jaundice, or painful liver? I strongly recommend th...  Read Full

Can hepatitis C be transferred if the blood is in a dried state?

Query: Hello doctor, Can hepatitis C be transferred if the blood is in a dried state? For example, it dried on a surface and you touch it with another dry object or with dry hands. I understand if you wet the dry blood to clean it up it can transfer but I am talking in a strictly dry state. I was told it ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, once it has dried, virus is not transmitted and cannot spread the disease when it comes in contact with intact skin. Also, with drying, virus gets inactivated. Even in wet state, just contact of blood with intact skin (not mucosa), unlikely to transmit the virus ...  Read Full

We are not sure about my friend's diagnosis. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a general practitioner. I would like to consult with you regarding my friend, who has a normochromic normocytic anemia. His hemoglobin is currently 7.5. His diagnosis is not clear. I have all his laboratory data and bone marrow biopsy as well as aspiration if you want. He used to tak...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. One thing for sure is that he is having periodic hemolysis with adequate bone marrow response and he has a severe vitamin B12 deficiency. His corrected RPI (reticulocyte production index) is 2.7%, which means that his bone marrow is responding to the anemia appropriat...  Read Full