Common "Elisa Test" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Elisa Test

The full form of ELISA test is enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay test. This test is used to detect the presence of antibodies against a specific infection. The conditions that can be diagnosed using ELISA are HIV, Lyme disease, pernicious anemia, rotavirus, syphilis, toxoplasmosis, and Zika virus.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Is it possible for me to get HIV due to vaginal fluid touched the penis indirectly?

Query: Hi doctor, I did not insert my penis. But some of her vaginal fluid got spilled on my underwear. I am afraid that whether this liquid may have touched my penis. Will I get affected by HIV(Human Immunodeficiency Virus)?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Kindly send some details to help you. Please mention when you had this episode. Please mention whether you know the girl. Please mention whether you had oral or anal intercourse. Please mention whether you used protection while doing it. Please mention whether you have ...  Read Full »

Can unprotected anal intercourse lead to HIV infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old guy and worried about whether I am infected with HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) or not. Below are my details. I had a high-risk exposure of unprotected anal intercourse with a random guy. After around seven weeks, I somehow started panicking about HIV infection. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Initially, it takes 3 to 12 weeks for the antibodies against HIV to develop in any person irrespective of the person's immunity and the duration of onset of symptoms. Next, suppose your ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) is negative in the 12th week. In that case, ...  Read Full »

How can I cure syphilis through medication?

Query: Hi doctor, I have the first stage of syphilis. I came to know about this last month. From the past three weeks, I am under treatment and taking Doxycycline 100 mg capsule twice a day. I took this medication for 15 days. Yesterday, I had a blood test done for VDRL (Venereal Disease research Laborator...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please continue treatment with a dermatologist only. There is no medical degree which qualifies one to be a sexologist. Penicillin is the most definitive treatment for syphilis but get the allergy test done before taking the full treatment. Apply Mupirocin ointment twice ...  Read Full »

How do I know if I have contracted HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I cheated on my wife and I am really scared that I may have HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). When I say scared, I mean night terrors, huge anxiety, and no appetite (lost 15 pounds in three weeks). I cannot work and it is all I think about. The circumstances ...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand that you are worried but it is not the end of the world. You actually have a very low risk of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) transmission from this exposure. Though the test is sensitive, you should get a fourth generation ELISA (enzyme-linked immunoso...  Read Full »

I have redness on penis even after taking Tavin-EM and Instgra. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a symptom of redness on my penis and with no pain and itchiness on it for the past one day. Can you please suggest me something? I had unprotected sex due to condom break two weeks back with an unknown person for that I am taking Tavin-EM and Instgra medicine now for 28 days as pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I could not get the contents of the medication prescribed to you. Could you send the same with details I would be able to comment on the issue. Secondly, get a forth generation enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) test done for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) ...  Read Full »

Are my flu-like symptoms due to HIV infection?

Query: Hello doctor, About 4 weeks ago, I got oral sex from a partner whose HIV status is unknown to me. I did only that with her. I always thought that it represented no risk of contamination to HIV. Now the thing is that about 1 week after that intercourse, I did a general blood test and found out that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Firstly pre-existing lesion of herpes or any genital ulcer on the penis during sexual intercourse or oral sex increases the chances of HIV transmission. Your blood report came positive for Herpes 1 and 2. Herpes 1 mostly causes oral ulcers, and herpes 2 causes genital l...  Read Full »

I have bumps around my vagina, which bleed on having sex. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have these bumps around my vagina. They look like skin tags. They do not itch, but when I have sex, they start bleeding. I hurt them while shaving, and they started bleeding. What could I have? Or could it be some sort of STD?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to With the symptoms you have provided, it is not an STD (sexually transmitted disease). But if you have any doubt, I advise you to take an ELISA test. Most probably, you do not have skin tags, but a collection of vasculatures, as they bleed on any injury. You can get it ...  Read Full »

Is pain in the knee an HIV symptom?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex with a c. During sex, she rubbed her vagina against my penis. I felt like the penis entered in her vagina for a moment. Then, I immediately asked to wear a condom. Six weeks after this incident, I had a pain in my right knee. There was no swelling or redness. It resolved in a da...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Though joint pain occurs in HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), fever, malaise, and enlarged lymph nodes are more common in the initial stages of HIV. The involvement of a single knee joint seems unlikely. But as you had physical relations with a CSW (commercial sex wo...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.