Emergency Life Saving Procedure

Why is a 28-year-old not able to breathe off the ventilator?

Query: Hi doctor, My query is regarding a female patient aged 28 years. She has been on ventilator by means of a tracheostomy for 50 days. She has been on CPAP mode for two weeks, but unable to sustain respiration off the ventilator. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Young female on prolonged ventilator through tracheostomy and having difficulty in weaning is considered to be a very bad prognosis. You have not mentioned proper medical history, indications for ventilation and under which medications she is on. There are many things...  Read Full »

What is the right way to perform CPR?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom recently died due to heart attack. She was an asthma patient and also had depression. She was having medicines for all these. One morning, I saw her biting her tongue and was unconscious. I rubbed her chest slowly that she breathed. When I stopped rubbing, she stopped breathing...  Read Full »

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I appreciate your interest to know the emergency life-saving procedure. Tongue bite usually occurs in seizures and not in heart attacks. There is a possibility of a seizure in her case. Many reasons can be there for such an incident. It can be due to fall ...  Read Full »

How to treat breathlessness in a metastatic breast cancer patient?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is oxygen dependent because of pleurodesis since 1 month. She is suffering from breathlessness after talc pleurodesis. She has metastatic breast cancer with distant spread to the lung and liver. There is residual pleural effusion along with bilateral lower lobe consolidation. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) including your CT scan. It is very sad to be in such a situation with multiple problems. Metastatic breast cancer with underlying lung comorbidities is the cause of her breathlessness. Overal...  Read Full »