Q. What does my ultrasound reveal?

Dr. Vivek Chail
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

I have been sick for two years. I was diagnosed with HPV two years back, but no treatment was done. Recently, I was diagnosed with anemia. I have lower back pain, fatigue, tingling in legs, right and left pelvic pain. Currently, I am taking Effexor and Adderall. I had an ultrasound done. What does the ultrasound show?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

The outcome of ultrasound (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is as follows:

• The uterus is of normal size.
  • The endometrial thickness measures 1.28 cm and this might be at upper limit of normal, depending on your age and time of your cycle. In the elderly age group this is above normal measurement. Please discuss this with your doctor.
  • The ovaries are normal in size.

For further information consult a radiodiagnosis physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiodiagnosis-physician

| 

Is there any cyst? With all my symptoms including bowel problems, nausea, unintentional weight loss of 50 lbs in six months I am obviously worried about cancer. I also have many similar symptoms to Lupus or Addison's.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

• From the pictures you have sent, there is no big mass or cyst which can be a cancer.
  • For bowel problems, weight loss and nausea, it is important to get investigations done to have a detailed look into the abdomen and bowel. Your doctor might recommend colonoscopy, CT scan abdomen and pelvis, complete blood count and stool test.
  • In my opinion, you can consult doctors in a cancer screening clinic and get a detailed testing done.
  • Loss of weight and bowel problems can occur because of non-cancerous problems like anxiety, inflammatory conditions, chronic infections and autoimmune conditions.

For further doubts consult a radiodiagnosis physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiodiagnosis-physician

|