Q. Can I use Ashwagandha or Shilajit for fatigue caused by masturbation?

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

Earlier in my life I had the problem of over-masturbation. This was related to my mental depression as well. However, I have recovered from the habit of over-masturbation. But, still I masturbate once in four days. This causes fatigue, back pain and leg pain. Can I use supplements such as Ashwagandha or Shilajit for the same? What is the recommended dosage? Which is better Ashwagandha or Ginseng? Which variety of Ginseng is good? Also can I use supplement for my mental depression such as Brahmi or Ginkgo biloba? Which one would be better?

I am overweight. I have borderline cholesterol and slightly fatty liver. Further I am already using psychiatric medicines for depression and obsessive compulsive disorder. Apart from this I am using Omega 3 fatty acid and Liv 52. I have attached herein my recent blood reports for your reference. Thank you.

#

• I would not recommend Shilajit. It is to be taken under strict medical supervision only.
  • Go for Ashwagandha tablet. It will give you strength and vitality. Take one tablet twice daily before food.
  • Also you can take Brahmi tablet for mental strength. Take two tablets one hour after dinner.
  • Both are very safe and effective. They can be taken along with the other medications that you are taking. They will not interact with them or cause harm.
  • Take them for three months and then follow up with us.
  • Change your diet and lifestyle. Do exercise daily to lose weight. It reduces other problems like pain and depression as well.
  • Have one bowl each of fresh fruits and boiled vegetables daily. They give the necessary natural vitamins.

Revert back after three months to an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Does any of these herbs would adversely affect the heart condition and blood pressure? I also have high LDL and cholesterol. Please explain.

#

• No, they do not. Ashwagandha and Brahmi are the safest possible medicines.
  • I did take your condition into account and that is the reason why I did not recommend Shilajit

Some of my important exams are coming up in next 15 days. Should I wait to start these herbs for another 15 days? I am just afraid. When I increase or decrease the dose of my psychiatric drugs they do affect my mood and anxiety for some time and they take time to stabilize. So if this is the case with these herbs as well then I should delay to use them for another 15 days. Please guide me.

#

• These are herbs and they are not like the psychiatric drugs.
  • They do not need any time. But, if you feel like then there is no harm in waiting for 15 days.

|