Enhance Breathing

How to stop manually controlling my breathing?

Query: Hello doctor,I want a permanent solution for my manual breathing problem. I am 16 years old. Recently, I had UTI, and my brother thought that I just imagined a problem where I cannot void my bladder completely. So, he told me to pay attention to my breathing. So, I started doing that while urinatin...  Read Full »

Dr. Geethu Thomas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you have elaborated your problem. Now, let me start from the beginning. You said that you had a urinary tract infection (UTI). That causes an incomplete emptying of your bladder. If your urine emptying is not complete even now, then I suggest you take t...  Read Full »

Would you recommend pranayama for a 90 year old?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 90 years old. He has congestive heart failure and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. He is generally in good spirits and is well taken care of. He uses oxygen and his doctors have told him that when his oxygen count goes down, to breathe in and exhale through mouth. Sinc...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar

Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posing this question. Please find my suggestions below. At age 90, it becomes very important to keep the things simple for the patient. Your effort to teach pranayama is appreciable. I would advise you not to go for any difficult pranayama which is tedious ...  Read Full »