Q. My lymph nodes have been swollen for more than a month, even after taking medications. Why so?

Dr. Manisha Raghunath Auradkar

I caught the flu with a cold, and my lymph nodes started to swell after two days. I took antibiotics. It has been a month, and it has not disappeared yet, but I could see a difference in the size; now it looks like the size of the pea. I am worried as I do not have any other symptoms.

Please help.

#

I can understand your concern.

These enlarged lymph nodes can take time to regress even after treatment. As these are not symptomatic and there is no pain or increase in size over time, you do not need to worry.

After a month, observe the size of the lymph node. If you think it has increased, get it checked by a physician. Depending on the overall condition, a tissue sample or an ultrasound of the same will be suggested if necessary.

You do not need to do anything; just wait and watch. I hope this helps.

|