Enlarged Testes

Will different testicle sizes affect the visa medical test?

Query: Hi doctor, I was attacked by mumps around three years back and now my testicle sizes are different. So, I wanted to know about the treatment. Will I get rejected in visa medical test? I am a petroleum engineer. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details posted. The difference in size of the testicles is mainly because of two reasons, orchitis and hydrocele. Orchitis is inflammation of the testicles, which has happened three years back due to mumps. There will be redness, pain and ...  Read Full »

How is enlarged spermatic cord treated?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 42 year old male. In my right testicle, I think spermatic cord is enlarged. I do not have any pain. The right testicle feels firm and spermatic cord feels hard.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have developed funiculitis which is inflammation of the spermatic cord. You will need a course of antibiotics. Please revert back with more details for further guidance.  Read Full »

Will epididymitis result in infertility?

Query: Hello doctor, Last week, I was forced to go to the ER due to intense pain and swelling of the left testicle. I was then made to urinate in a cup and ultrasound of the testes. After the ultrasound it was concluded that I did not need surgery which is a relief, and I am thankful for this. I then had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, I think you had left epididymo-orchitis (inflammation of epidermis or testes). You should get a urine culture done. About 50 % of the time, the affected testis goes for atrophy, in spite of antibiotic treatment. But, hormone deficiency due t...  Read Full »

My testicles are slightly hard and firm. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor,I had an enlarged painless testicle and I visited a urologist. They confirmed that it is a hydrocele and said it would go away on its own. However, now my testicles are slightly hard and more firm. But there are no lumps or imperfections. Should I be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get an ultrasound done. It will clarify the picture. Sometimes, a fluid-filled tense cyst may also feel hard. It transilluminates well with torchlight. It will not go away with any medicine rather it will remain like that if it is a hydrocele. The main problem with hydr...  Read Full »

Will my testes get injured while walking?

Query: Hi doctor, My testes got injured so many times while walking and when my erection gets lost and my penis fall with some force over the testes. I had a Doppler ultrasound of my testes a month ago and it was normal. But, my testes hang low, separated and they get injured even when my underwear rub th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax and do not worry. It would be helpful if you upload pictures of your scrotum. Personally, I feel there is nothing wrong or abnormal in you. For every one, testis hangs like you described and with vigorous exercise it can hurt. The daily injuries you describ...  Read Full »