Q. I have a bulged and painful right testicle with fever and pain in the groin area. Please help.

I have a bulge and slight pain in my right testicle along with fever (sometimes high), excessive bloating, and pain in the groin area sometimes. My body heat also increases. Testicle bulge is making me feel uneasy, and I am worried. Please advise what might be the problem. I am suffering for the past four days.

#

Can you please provide me more details? Since how long is the bulge present? Is this swelling painful to touch? Do you have any fever associated with this?

Thanks for the reply.

Swelling is not painful. But I can feel the discomfort, a feeling of inflammation. It has been there for the past four days. My fever level is high during the day and subsides at night. I am frequently burping since the problem started. Please help.

#

Does that swelling increase while you cough? Is this a localized swelling, or are you not able to delineate it? Any history of injury to that area?

Thanks for the reply.

The swelling does not increase while coughing. It has decreased a bit from yesterday. I did not have any injuries in that region.

#

As the pain is associated with fever and discomfort in your groin area, it should be evaluated. Possible causes could be,

1. Orchitis is the inflammation of the testicle. This can be treated but should not be ignored.

2. Renal stone can be a reason for referred pain to the testicles and in the groin area.

You can get a USG KUB (ultrasonography of kidney, ureter, and urinary bladder) and scrotum, which should rule out stone and orchitis. Also, get urine analysis done, which will rule out UTI (urinary tract infection). Also, I would advise you to go for semen analysis which will rule out any testicular infection. This will help in diagnosis. Meanwhile, you can take any good painkiller like Combiflam (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol) (if you are not allergic) for pain and fever.

Thank you for the reply. Surely I will follow your advice.

#

Please get those evaluations done. Then, for more queries, do not hesitate to ask. Thanks.

|