Epididymis Inflammation

Why do I have pain on the left side of penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a slight pain on the left side of my penis near the base and a little on the left side of my testicles as well since last Thursday. Everything else is fine. It is just a strange pain. My fiancee was a little rough with me on Wednesday night and I thought maybe it was because of ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. From your description, there is a possibility of epididymo-orchitis. I suggest taking a one-week course of an antibiotic such as Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily and a pain killer like Diclofenac 50 mg as and when needed, if there is a pain. If...  Read Full »

I have epididymis with pain and swelling in scrotum. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have epididymis in the right scrotum. Two months ago it was cured by taking Linezolid and Doxycycline B. Now my right scrotum is paining and swollen. I have a fever also at night. In a week, my lower back pain is increased. I am not able to stand and walk without pain. Report is att...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By the description provided by you, it appears you have developed right epididymorchitis this time. As there is fever along with pain and swelling in the right scrotum, you need intravenous antibiotics and need admission as an in-patient in the hospital. Outpatient trea...  Read Full »

I am suffering from an epididymal cyst in my testis. Is it possible to cure with surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from an epididymal cyst in my left testis. Large anechoic cystic lesion of size measuring 1.61*2.05*4.41 cm, vol 7.62 cc in the head of left epididymis. And my right epididymis is thickened and inflamed. Is it possible to cure both without surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. There is a possibility to remove anechoic cyst naturally. You can take the following medicines. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss the suggestions and take the treatment with consent.  Read Full »

What is epididymo-orchitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My right inguinal hernia repair was performed before six years. Before seven months, I have developed right epididymitis and right spermatic cord hardness like stone. It was diagnosed as epididymo-orchitis. There was a superficial abscess on the right side. Incision and drainage have be...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com Your present condition cannot be attributed to the inguinal hernia repair done six years ago. May I know what kind of repair was done? Either laparoscopic or open repair? Acute epididymo-orchitis is a clinical syndrome consisting of pain, swelling and inflammation of...  Read Full »

My father's report states 'hypoechoic areas in the testis'. What does that mean?

Query: Hello doctor, My 63 year old father is a diabetic patient. He suffered from a urinary tract infection of E.coli bacteria. He was treated and cured in a month. After this, he suffered from a scrotum pain and we got two ultrasounds done. In the first one, the report states 'Epididymo-orchitis'. Now,...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diabetic patients are always prone to infection like urinary tract infections and orchitis. Epididymo-orchitis takes a long time to get cured. It may take three months or an even longer course of antibiotic to heal completely. Hypoechoic areas in the testis m...  Read Full »

Kindly help me get rid of pain in testis.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from epididymitis problem. Sometimes I am having pain in testis while having a gastric issue as well. Kindly help me to get rid of this  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Testicular pain with these doppler findings (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows some infection of the epididymis. If it is a recent onset symptom, I suggest: You take antibiotics preferably an Amoxycillin-Clavulanic acid combination. Consult yo...  Read Full »