Q. Is a hyperechoic mass of size 2 to 3 mm in testicular ultrasound dangerous?

Dr. Vivek Chail

I had a testicle ultrasound, and the report shows a hyperechoic mass of size 3 mm. The doctor advised me to repeat the ultrasound three months later. And the report after three months shows a hyperechoic mass of size 2 mm. My doctor told me that it was fine and not to worry about.

What should I do now?

#

I have seen your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

If you have persistent pain in the left scrotum, you might be having an inflammation of the left epididymis. It is a small structure located above the testis.

Regarding the small hyperechoic mass, it measured 3 mm, and now it measures 2 mm. A single such hyperechoic mass in the testis is a non-specific finding and not a serious concern. Regular follow-up is needed only in cases of multiple hyperechoic masses in the testis. Since you do not have progression and an increase in the size and numbers of the testicular hyperechoic mass, your doctor does not want a follow-up.

The pain in your left scrotum is likely due to epididymitis, as confirmed in the recent scan.

|