Q. What could be a pimple-like dot on cheek in molar region with no pain?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Recently, I have noticed two little white pimple-like dots next to my molar tooth on the cheek and there is no pain. I was wondering what it could be and if it is serious?

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

Is your lower wisdom tooth removed? It seems to be a mild epithelial injury which occurs during chewing at the corner of jaws where last wisdom teeth meet. No need to worry about it, as it usually will go away on its own in a week or two.

Use warm salt water gargle twice a day for a week or two and if need apply an antibiotic gel at the spot three or four times a day. If it does not go away, show to a dentist to check if the upper wisdom teeth are causing the problem and need to be removed.

| 

We are in lockdown due to corona and cannot go to see the dentist. My lower wisdom tooth was removed, but my upper one is still in place. Once I can leave the house according to your advice (if still exists) will see the doctor.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

#

Yes, please do so. The upper wisdom tooth may be causing this injury and may have to be removed eventually as the lower wisdom tooth is already removed.

| 

I have pain and bad smell coming from a wisdom tooth extraction site. Is it dry socket?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two wisdom teeth removed a week ago, and I still have some pain in the lower left extraction site. If I touch near the extraction site with a finger and then smell my finger, there is definitely a bad smell. I have controlled this with using another finger to touch the same place...  Read Full »

How to get rid of metallic taste in mouth post wisdom tooth extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed two days before and I have a bad taste in my mouth that tastes like sour dough but more like metallic. There is not really any pain there, my jaw is just sore from being held open for about an hour but the taste has been happening for about...  Read Full »

I have a painful lump in my breast. Are my reports suggestive of a breast cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lump on my breast that is painful. It is on the right breast, under the underarms. I was given vitamin E medicine, and I was told to get ultrasound and FNAC. I have attached both my reports. The reports say FNAC smear prepared from right breast reveal abundant neutrophils admi...  Read Full »