Q. How to treat erectile dysfunction in a patient with heart problems?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

I am a 53-year-old male, and I have erectile dysfunction. My height is 5'7", and my weight is 83 kg. I am a heart patient, and my current medications are Angispan TR 6.5 mg, Ranolaz 500 mg, Deplatt CV, Met XL 12.5 mg.

Kindly help.

#

Thanks for your query.

1) Since how long you are having erectile dysfunction (ED)?

2) Did it start suddenly?

3) Do you have a loss of libido or sexual desire?

4) Have you taken any medicine?

Your test reports are normal (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Only vitamin B12 is slightly low. So, take vitamin B12 supplements.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

I have erectile dysfunction for the past three months. Yes, I have ED along with loss of libido. But I have never taken any medicine for it.

Thanks.

#

This can be due to anxiety, depression, overworked, night shifts, lack proper sleep, lack of exercise, arguments with your wife, family issues, etc.

One common reason is an increase in the brain's threshold for becoming sexually excited, which occurs due to multiple sex partners or porn addiction. Slowly abstaining from these habits will rejuvenate your sexual desires.

|