Q. I am experiencing erectile dysfunction. What should I do?

Published on May 24, 2018

I am a 47 year old male. Recently, I started experiencing erectile dysfunction, that is, I am unable to hold my erection. It is as if I am losing interest midway. I do not have diabetes or any other illness. I am a non-vegetarian, and I chew tobacco. I am married and have two kids. What should I do?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• You have no history of diabetes and hypertension, so no need to worry. Tobacco could be one aggravating factor for your problem and try to reduce the chewing of tobacco.
  • For erectile dysfunction, you can try supplements like L-Arginine and Yohimbine. A lot of brands are there. Consult your doctor, and then use it regularly, you will see improvement in about a month.
  • If that does not help, the drugs like Sildenafil or Tadalafil can be used. Both of these drugs can be used when needed, an hour before sex and will help to result in a strong erection.

Thanks. Take care.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Do Levosulpiride and Flupenthixol cause low sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 39 years old. My weight is 73 kg. I have been taking L-Pride (Levosulpiride), Nuanxit (Flupenthixol), Rabefit (Rabeprazole) and Rabifast-DSR (Rabeprazole sodium and Domperidone) since last 15 days. After taking these medicines, I am experiencing low sex drive and problem in erection...  Read Full »

Have my gums receded because of placing smokeless tobacco in the same spot for years?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32-year-old male. I have used a smokeless tobacco called Swedish Snus for going on four years now, always in the same spot. My gums have severely receded in this area. I am otherwise healthy. I recently made an appointment with a periodontist but I am terrified I may have gum can...  Read Full »

Healthy Lifestyle to Prevent Cancer

Article Overview: In this article, I would like to share some of my views on cancer prevention. It is found that many people are ignorant about cancer. So, we discuss some possible causes and how we can decrease our risk. Read Article

Dr. Mangesh Balasaheb Korde
Medical Oncologist

It is seen that many patients who come to us are often ignorant about cancer and are of the opinion that only tobacco and alcohol can cause cancer. But, they are ignorant of the fact that an unhealthy lifestyle can also lead to cancer and it has been scientifically proved. So, What Are These Unheal...  Read Article

Ask a Sexologist Now