Q. I am facing erectile dysfunction due to OCD medications. Please help.

Dr. Arul Amuthan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 03, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2019

Due to OCD medicine Clofranil 50 mg, erectile dysfunction problem has raised, and subsequently, ejaculation is not happening. Is there any Siddha medicine available for this. Please help.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

You are taking an allopathy drug Clofranil (Clomipramine). Few side effect of this drug is dry mouth, ejaculation failure, and difficulty in urination. Since these are the side effects of the Clofranil, nothing can be done. You can ask the neurologist or psychiatrist (who prescribed the drug) to change the tablet. There are many other drugs for your psychological problem without causing these side effects. Those drugs should be prescribed by neurologist or psychiatrist only.

To improve the ejaculation, you can take the following Siddha drugs,

1. Poonaikaali chooranam one gram in morning and one gram evening before food with milk.

2. Rathina Pursh capsule one morning and one in the evening after food.

These two drugs will be available in Siddha pharmas.

Can my OCD get cured with lower dose of medicine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have brain lesion in the left temporal lobe size 0.9 mm as found in brain MRI. I had seizure twice two years ago. I am also suffering from OCD. Fluoxetine 40 mg has been very effective in treating OCD, but caused memory problem, speech problem and lack of concentration. When can I lower...  Read Full >>

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) you have to take medications. Less than 40 mg Fluoxetine will not be effective. So, continue the same dose. Chances of relapse are very high in OCD cases. As you are having it for six years it is better to continue the medication...  Read Full

Suffering from OCD(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Taking medicines, but I do not feel completely good. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) since last 10 years. Getting treated by a doctor with medicines. But I do not feel completely good. Many times I go into very sad mood. Please give me suggestions.  Read Full >>

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Your answer is as follows: OCD is manageable with the help of regular psychiatric and therapeutic work. Only medicines can never treat OCD, neither managed completely. Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) is paired with medical treatment to deal with obsessions and compu...  Read Full

Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Population

Article Overview: Erectile dysfunction is a condition when the person is not able to achieve or maintain an erection adequately to have intercourse. It is common in diabetes patients. Diabetics are at a higher risk (three times more likely) of developing erectile dysfunction compared to non-diabetic people. At least half the diabetics develop erectile dysfunction and the risk increases with age. So, why does erectile dysfunction happen? Why does diabetes lead to impotence? Here we discuss why. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal
Diabetologist

Erectile dysfunction is a condition when the person is not able to achieve or maintain an erection adequately to have intercourse. It is common in diabetics. People with diabetes are not only at a higher risk (three times more likely compared to nondiabetic people) of developing erectile dysfunction...  Read Article

Ask a Siddha Medicine Specialist Now