Q. I am facing erectile dysfunction problems for a few months now. What to do?

Dr. Ankush Jairath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha
This is a premium question & answer published on May 04, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 30, 2021

I am a 37-year-old male with a weight of 77 kilograms. I am having an erectile dysfunction issue for a few months. I am consulting for the first time regarding my erection issue.

#

Please mention the duration of having this issue. Please mention whether you have a problem while masturbating or doing intercourse. Please mention whether you are able to erect and penetrate into the vagina. Please mention whether you have diabetes or hypertension.

I have this problem on and off for a year. I use to ignore it but now it comes often. I am a smoker of vapes. I do not have a problem while masturbating. During intercourse, either I ejaculate soon or it becomes flaccid suddenly without finishing and sometimes, I do not have a proper erection. I do not have diabetes or hypertension. I am not taking any regular medications.

#

First of all, try to reduce smoking. If it has not affected your erection ability, then it will not affect you in the future. Moreover, it may affect many organs in a gradual manner. It is difficult to stop it once altogether and so do it gradually. I suggest you take tablet Tadalafil 2.5 mg once a day for a month. You can modify its dose while having a suboptimal response. Try this dose for atleast two weeks. It is normal for the penis to become flaccid after ejaculation.

|