Q. I am having problem with erection and it does not last more than a minute. What to do?

Dr. Gajanan Bhat
Published on Oct 24, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2019

I am married for two years now. I have problems with erection for the past few years. I took Confido tablets for a month and found some improvement. But it has stopped working now. I can start with intercourse 50% of the time without any problem, but I lose my erection within a minute. Remaining time, I do not have hard erection enough to start with intercourse. I have done a testosterone level, random glucose, and Penile Doppler test, and it is normal. I smoke every day but drink hardly once in three months. I am currently on Confido, Multivitamin tablets, and Ashwagandha.

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgery Urology
#

The fact that you can start intercourse with a hard erection itself is an indication that the erection mechanism is not bad. However, there is what is called Flaccid penis syndrome, which describes your condition. You can start with tablet Tazzle (Tadalafil) 5 mg once daily in the night. On the day of planned intercourse, you double the dose to 10 mg in the night. Try doing this for four weeks and get back to me. Along with this I suggest taking one Eract X (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride and L- Arginine granules) sachet with a glass of milk every night for four weeks. Please get back to me after four weeks.

Are herbal medicines effective in curing erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor. I am 32 years old. My weight is 72 kg. I am not able to get full erection. I was on L-pride (Levosulpiride) and Nuanxit (Flupentixol) and I stopped it before a week. I do not have any problem like sugar or BP. Even if I get full erection, I ejaculate very early. What could be the problem...  Read Full »

Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old male with a height of 5 feet 6 inches and a weight of 78 kg. I have been on Eltroxin 100 mcg and Amloz 5 mg for two years for hypothyroidism. I am feeling fatigued and have an intense appetite. I have lost fertility for the last one year. My ESR value is 41. I also ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from erectile dysfunction and under L-Arginine. Please solve my problem.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. Early morning sex power is also very low. There is a quick immature erection. The genital part does not stand properly. Right now, I am taking 1000 mg L-Arginine once daily. Can you please solve my problem?  Read Full »