Dr. Arul Amuthan
BSMS., MD (SIDDHA MEDICINE)., MSC.MEDICAL PHARMACOLOGY., PDCR (CLINICAL RESEARCH)., PHD (PHARMACOLOGY)., MSC.
Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy, Pharmacology, Siddha Medicine, Toxicology
Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.
I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As per your blood report, your cholesterol profile is above the upper limit. This might be the cause for the penile artery blockage (atherosclerosis plaque). But, I think the other possible reasons for erectile dysfunction may be:
- Vessel wall thickening (arteriosclerosis - loss of elasticity of the artery).
- Inadequate branching pattern (compensatory collaterals are seen).
- Apart from cholesterol, this complication may also arise due to trauma in the penis (in younger or adult age).
For cholesterol, you consult a general physician and they would prescribe Simvastatin. This will reduce your cholesterol and reduce the plaque. If you wish to have sexual intercourse, on that day, take one tablet of Tadalafil before sexual activity. Otherwise, do not consume it regularly. It has many side effects. In Siddha, cholesterol, trauma or unknown cause induced erectile dysfunction can be treated using the following drugs:
- Apply Laghu Vishamushti Thailam on the penis and do massage. Then place the penis in mild warm water for half an hour. This has to be done at night. No need to wash it. In the morning while bathing, the penis can be washed with soap. This will strengthen the penile nervous system.
- Nathai choori choornam - with 2 g (one teaspoon) of this choornam add sugar for taste and water to mix it. You will get a paste/gel. Consume it after food in the morning and at night. This will reduce the cholesterol and thereby atherosclerosis.
- Ratna purush Capsules - one capsule in the morning and evening after food.
- Idi vallathi mezhugu capsules - one capsule in the morning and one at night after food with palm jaggery and water (boiled).
Last two drugs can improve the vascularity to the penis and reduce further worsening of atherosclerosis complications.