Q. I am unable to maintain erection during sex as like I have during foreplay and masturbation. Why?

Dr. Parth Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 15, 2020

I am 22 years old, and I have no trouble in getting an erection during masturbation or foreplay. However, when I try to have sex, I cannot maintain a tough erection while during foreplay and masturbation. At some point, I feel getting softer. I have an erection right up until the end of penetration then I start to go limp. I once had the head of my penis inside her, and I accidentally removed it, and my erection was quickly lost, and without removing the condom, it is hard to get it back.

#

You have mentioned two essential things while describing your problem. Number one, you can achieve a proper erection and number two, you are a virgin. Keeping these facts in consideration, I would like you to know that you do not have any erectile dysfunction. The problem appears to be related to the unconscious and conscious anxiety that a person has typically while having sex for the first time.

When a male is getting ready for his first ever sex he is preoccupied with the thoughts about the outcome of the forthcoming sexual act ,e.g. whether you will be able to maintain erection during sex, whether or not the partner will notice my weaknesses and lack of experience, whether the experience is going to be satisfactory or not, whether or not you will be able to last long, whether you will be looking good or ugly without clothes, etc.

Such thoughts increase anxiety, and insecurity, which ultimately results in loss of erection while penetrating. Getting comfortable with the partner will help. Viagra although does not help in psychological erectile dysfunction still it is going to help you by maintaining a solid erection during penetration and thereby will boost up your confidence.

|