Q. I get conscious about my penis size and cannot hold erections for long. Please help.

Dr. Siva Anoop Yella

I have erectile dysfunction. I get conscious of my penis size and I do not get full erection. Also, when it comes to insertion, I fail to hold erection for long.

#

May I know how many days you have been suffering from this problem? Do you have any other stress that is troubling you in your life? Do you have any physical illnesses like diabetes, hypertension, thyroid disorders, etc.? What is the average duration of your erections?

The average duration of an erection varies from a few seconds to a few minutes, but mostly it holds for about a minute. There is no history of this problem as I am yet to have my first sex. I have some stress:

1) Due to the lack of facial hair, I feel embarrassed.

2) Due to public dealing job in a bank.

Also, I get conscious about hardness problems as I think I do not get much hardness even on erection, which demotivates. I have no other physical illness, as mentioned.

#

I understood your problem. I think you should work on resolving the stress firstly by practicing stress relaxation techniques. You do not need medications as of now. I recommend you practice physical exercises daily and have a healthy diet like eating vitamin E-containing foods like green leafy vegetables, fruits like banana, apple, strawberries, kiwis, etc. Avoid having a sedentary lifestyle. If you are having the habit of excess masturbation, kindly reduce the frequency. Have an adequate sleep for atleast seven hours daily. Avoid alcohol and smoking cigarettes, if any.

Kindly practice the above steps and get back to me after two weeks.

Stress.

Complete blood picture.
Thyroid profile.
Blood pressure.
Random blood sugar.
Renal function tests.

Erectile dysfunction.

Avoid negative thoughts.
Avoid smoking and alcohol.

|