Q. I have erectile dysfunction for the past three years. Is this due to presence of one testicle?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 18, 2020

I am suffering from erectile dysfunction for the past three years. I do have only one testicle. As prescribed by my doctor, I took Megalis 20 and Tentex forte for three years, and I was getting erection enough for sex. Last month, I ordered Spur-M tablets to improve my fertility, as I am married, and I want to have a baby. I took four to five tablets of Spur-M, and now I am not getting an erection lasting enough for sex. Please suggest any medicine for getting enough erection for sex. What should I do to get a good erection?

For the past month, my skin on my left nipple becomes a little stiff and painful on touch. I would also like to mention that I am taking Relicalm for depression for the past two years. I have got the sperm test done and have not yet got the report checked by a doctor. If you suggest, I will send you the report.

#

Erection problems can be due to lifestyle factors like taking alcohol, smoking, or being overweight. It may also be due to any major illness or some medicines. Often it can be due to stress, anxiety, or blood abnormalities for which you need to do blood tests Hb, TC (total count), DC (differential count), fasting sugar, prolactin, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and testosterone. Walking half an hour daily will help. If you are in some office job, then every half an hour, get up from your chair and walk around for five minutes. It will help circulation in the penis.

After taking Spur-M, your erection has become poor, so you should stop it. Relicalm (L-Theanine) also cause your erection problem. However, Megalis is good, and you can take 10 mg dose. I have mentioned above some tips to improve erection. If you have not done any or all of the blood tests mentioned above, then do it. Depending on the reports, treatment is decided. Also, you can send me the semen report.

The skin around my nipple on the left chest is hardened and is painful on touch. It might be because I have one testicle. That is why erection is not happening properly. It happened ten years ago also, but a doctor gave me medicine for a few days, and it became fine. Can you suggest a medicine for it now?

#

It may be due to a hormonal problem or infection. Without taking a look, it is difficult to say. You should get it checked. If it is due to a hormonal issue like high Estradiol, then medicine like Tamoxifen 20 mg daily will help. For infection, antibiotics like Taxim (Cefixime) will help, but it definitely cannot be said without a check up. One testis is enough, and your problem is not due to that.

|