Q. Is it advisable to take Himalaya Confido and Tentex forte for erectile dysfunction?

Dr. Gandhidas S Lavekar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I am 28 years old, male, married for six months. I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. I also have hypertension and I am taking treatment for that. Are Himalaya Confido and Himalaya Tentex forte good options? Or any better suggestions? What precautions should be taken in hypertensive? Currently, taking Nifedipine 30 mg for hypertension.

Dr. Gandhidas S Lavekar

#

Antihypertensive drugs are having some adverse effects on sexual life. Keep patience and be positive. Late night working, alcohol, junk food, avoid all of them. Take fresh fruits and dry fruits regularly. Do meditation, yoga, and chanting of mantra. These will be useful in controlling hypertension. Consume following medicines regularly. Tablet Ashwagandha 250 mg two tablets twice with warm milk and sugar in morning and night after food. Tablet Gokshura two at night after food with water. Kaunch beej Pak 10 gm two times morning empty stomach with water and night after food with water. Shahi Azam Tila Hamdard. Massage with this oil on your penis gently in the night or in the morning. Panchasakar Churna 5 gm at bedtime with warm water. Continue all for 4 to 6 months but report to me the changes every month.

Old masturbation habit and worries.

Ling Shaithilya.

| 

I started the treatment. I wanted to ask, how to apply Tila Azam? Also how to take Pak, either by mixing it with water or separately?

Dr. Gandhidas S Lavekar

#

Tila Azam of Hamdard is an oil, just gentle massage of penis body increases blood supply and strengthen the penis tissues. Massage should be done by thumb holding the penis between four fingers and thumb. This may be practiced once or twice in a day morning and night before sexual act.

| 

Do I have to wash it after massaging?

Dr. Gandhidas S Lavekar

#

No, keep as it is. It has a local vasodilatation act. So, being a hypertension patient better to have one time gentle massage which is very safe and effective.

| 

Why does my penis go flaccid right before ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old male with a height of 5 feet 6 inches and a weight of 78 kg. I have been on Eltroxin 100 mcg and Amloz 5 mg for two years for hypothyroidism. I am feeling fatigued and have an intense appetite. I have lost fertility for the last one year. My ESR value is 41. I also ...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now