Q. My erection is not enough for sexual satisfaction. What should I do?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 22, 2020

I am 29 years old. I am currently experiencing erectile dysfunction. My penis is not erecting like before, and I have an awkward sex experience with my partner. What do I need to do?

#

Erectile dysfunction has two main types one is psychogenic or organic. You are 29 years and unlikely to suffer from chronic diseases like diabetes or hypertension, and you are not on any long term medications. Therefore it is most probably the psychogenic type of erection rather than organic.

Are you facing a stressful situation or worried about anything distracting your attention most of the time? Do you have sexual desire or early morning erections? Are your erections normal during masturbation? Answering these questions will help to differentiate the types of erectile dysfunction and will be helpful in treatment.

| 

Yes, I am stress at the moment, mostly financially. I have sexual desire. But my penis is not getting erect. I do not know why. Sometimes I do get morning erections. But my erections are not that strong during masturbation and quickly get soft.

#

I am more clear now. You need to reduce your stress as far as financial constraints are concerned, which is a temporary problem and hopefully will resolve soon. Exercise is advisable only one hour daily. You can also use tablet Sildenafil 50 mg at night on an empty stomach and at least 30 minutes before sex. This tablet to be used on alternate days or twice weekly.

|