Q. My husband has difficulty penetrating me. Please help.

Dr. Raveendran S. R
and medically reviewed by Dr.P.C.Pavithra Pattu

My husband has problem penetrating me. Fingering is fine, but not with his penis. For some reason, it just would not go in. May I know how I can solve this?
#

I can understand your concern. According to your complaints, he may have erectile dysfunction (ED). Reasons for erectile dysfunction are,

1. Stress due to work, family, night duties, etc. (plan for regular exercise and yoga).
  2. Depression.
  3. Varicocele.
  4. Fear of failure - one episode of ED may make you feel you will end up with ED forever.
  5. Low self-esteem (chronic masturbation).
  6. Homosexuality.
  7. Religious constraints.
  8. Smoking and alcohol.
  9. Long term illness like cardiac disease, thyroid disease, kidney disease, any other disease with long-term medication.
  10. Negative attitude towards partner.
  11. Hormonal issues like thyroid, low testosterone, etc.
  12. Long term drug usage.
  13. Diabetes and hypertension.

He needs to check a Doppler scan of the penis, USG (ultrasonography) of the pelvis and scrotum, blood pressure, RBS (random blood sugar), free T3 (triiodothyronine), free T4 (tetraiodothyronine), testosterone, and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).

Please share more details regarding the above reasons; we can work on diagnosis and treatment. For a temporary solution, he can use tablet Mildfil 5 mg (Tadalafil) twice a day.

|