Q. My underarm darkness is spreading to the chest, back, and neck for a long time. Why?

Dr. Suvina Attavar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have a long-term skin issue. There is darkness in the underarm spreading to the chest, back, and neck. I am using HHzole for a long time. On application of the ointment, it will not spread and will not be much hyperpigmented. On the stoppage of the application, it spreads and looks quite dark. Kindly help.

#

You have a bacterial infection called erythrasma. It occurs mainly due to moisture and sweat accumulation in that area. You will need different medications for this.

I need a few details from you so that I can put you on the right treatment.

1) For how long are you having this?

2) Do you have any other health issues?

3) Are you taking any other tablets?

Please get back to me with these details so that I can suggest the required medications.

I have it for more than a year. I am diabetic. I am taking Zomelis Met (50/500) mg after food at night daily and Diapride-M 1 mg, one tablet after breakfast, and half tablet after dinner for diabetes. Kindly give your opinion.

#

I suggest you take tablet Erythromycin 500 mg after food, morning and night for ten days. I suggest you use Fucidin cream morning and KZ (Ketoconazole) cream at night for one month. Use Dermadew bact soap for bathing, leaving the foam on affected areas for two minutes, and wash. I hope this was helpful.

|