Q. Is it possible to get pregnant while on Krimson 35 for PCOD?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
Published on Apr 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

I have one question. My girlfriend is already on krimson 35 due to PCOD. After we made love, she missed her periods. Now, she is also complaining of morning sickness and pain in lower back. All symptoms are same as she reported five months back when she was pregnant and doctor advised pills for three days for chemical abortion. We feel that she is pregnant again. What we shall do as we are not ready to have child right now? Shall we take that same abortion pill again? Will there be any health complication? Please guide.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

One information I should share with you at first is Krimson 35 (Ethinyl estradiol) is not only an anti-PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) tablet; it is a birth control pill also.

So, if your girlfriend is regularly having these pills, you need not be concerned about pregnancy.

But, there exists risk regarding pregnancy only if she is an irregular user.

• I think the problem she is having like missed cycle or vomiting could be due to her basic pathology (PCOS). But, please do a pregnancy testing to remain in the safer side.
  • Please let me know if it is unfortunately positive. I will provide specific advise accordingly.

PCOS.

1. Urine pregnancy test.
2. Serum LH (luteinizing hormone), FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and prolactin estimation.

Revert back after the tests to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. Irregular periods are not an alarming thing to worry about. Irregular periods are due to stress and strain anxiety work pressure change of place change in climate low blood count thyroid disorders or uterine or ovarian problems. Please...  Read Full

Faint T Lines Appearing On Urine Pregnancy Tests,While Ultrasounds Say I Am Not Pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two possibilities here. One is a chemical pregnancy, where only the pregnancy test result come positive, and there is no evidence of sac on ultrasound. Second being a healthy pregnancy is a delayed conception or an ectopic. I suggest you do a serum beta hCG b...  Read Full

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having seen your PCOS reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggested that you should opt for controlled ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination procedure. It will increase your chance of conception by 20 percent as it would r...  Read Full