Estrogen Levels

Can reproductive cancer cause abnormal vaginal cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been bleeding heavily from my vagina for past five days. It only happens when I either open my bowel or while urinating. I put in a tampon to confirm that the bleeding is coming from my vagina and not from rectum. When I am not using the bathroom there is no bleeding and no blood o...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I believe this is the first episode of heavy intermenstrual bleeding or polymenorrhagia for you and during the mid cycle. The most likely cause for the same can be irregular shedding which can occur in case of ER estrogen excess or progesterone deficiency where endom...  Read Full »

Will FET transfer cycle does not take place when there is drop in both progesterone and estrogen hormones?

Query: Hello doctor, I have done a FET transfer cycle before ten 10 days. My hCG pregnancy test is tomorrow. Are nine days too early to test? My other real concern is that on the day of transfer, my estrogen levels were 223, and progesterone was >40.0. Before four days my estrogen levels were 106 and pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Sree Gouri Sr

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, the levels of estrogen and progesterone will increase from early pregnancy to the third trimester. But often there will be some range of the hormones according to the gestational age. Though the levels of hormones little decreased in your case, they are stil...  Read Full »

Can Trust pills be used as emergency contraceptive pill after unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, We just had sex about seven hours ago, and we did it without any protection. So my penis was inside her vagina and we did a handful of up and down movement (she was on top of me, basically sitting on me- cowgirl position), and we decided to stop because of the consequences unsafe sex m...  Read Full »

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The Levonorgestrel content from trust pills is too low. You will need five pills taken at the same time, then another five pills after 12 hours. However, your partner may feel nauseous and uneasy because this pill also contains Estrogen and a high dose of it also have s...  Read Full »

Is the value of Homocysteine-14.86 too high to take Ecosprin?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 27 years old and 10 weeks pregnant now. Her last month period date (LMP) is 13/06/2015 and she had natural conception. This is her first pregnancy and she was operated for left ovarian dermoid cyst and left ovary was removed in the February 2013. As per the blood test repo...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine concerns. MCBM 69 is the tablet used to aid in production of blood products and also to prevent any suspected neural tube defect in baby. It contains multivitamins, for example: Mecobalamin, ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take oral contraceptive pill?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had irregular periods and USG pelvis showed PCOD. So, she is taking COCP. In spite of taking the drug properly, she missed her period this month. Is anything wrong with her? What to do now? Does she need to continue the drug? Or should she stop it? I heard that COCP may caus...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP) is absolutely safe for her. It does not cause cancer (low dose COCP). Just check the content of COCP which she is taking. If dose of Estrogen (Ethinyl estradiol) is 20 or 30 mcg, she can safely continue the medicine. In fact, COCP...  Read Full »

Please explain whether having sex will increase weight in women.

Query: Hi doctor, Does having sex increase estrogen hormone? Will it result in belly fat and sagging breast in women? Is it true or a myth? Please explain.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these are false beliefs and let me explain it to you. Whether you have sex or not any lady who puts on weight will have sagging of breast, belly fat, and increase of hormone estrogen. When you have sex, only testosterone hormone is increased in females, which gi...  Read Full »

I am not bleeding much during the period. Should I worry?

Query: Hello doctor,I am in my periods, but this is the first time I am facing this problem. It is my third and fourth day. I am not bleeding much, just a little. Is it a matter of concern?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? From you short history, the only significant finding is your weight. A minimum of 14 kg/m2 of BMI is needed to have periods. The normal fat in the body is gradually converted to hormones and further support the growth of the follicles, the ut...  Read Full »

I missed taking the birth control pill and now have severe bleeding. Please guide me.

Query: Hello¬†doctor, I was prescribed a birth control pill to stop an ovarian cyst about two months ago. I have been taking the pill regularly, but I missed a day. I have been sexually active. I have now been bleeding for three weeks without a stop. My doctor told me to stop taking the pill until the blee...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Please do not get stressed out. You are fine. All this while, you have been trying to control the symptoms of the cyst, when the real cause of this cyst, which is anovulation is still present. Let me explain. You are not pregnant. I say this becau...  Read Full »

I feel sick and nauseous after taking eight Yaz pills. Are these side effects of taking too many pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I decided to use birth control pills two months back. I took the whole pack and then decided I will rather stop, because of all the bad effects that they have on our body. I got my period after I stopped taking the pills, but this month I did not get my period. I had sexual intercourse...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see you have messed up your hormonal balance. Your first step was absolutely right. The principle of emergency contraception is that it is a very high dose of progesterone hormone. This is the same hormone produced in the second half of periods after ovulation. Th...  Read Full »

I have not had my period since I stopped taking regular birth control pill. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I was on birth control for about six years. I stopped it before four months. I have not had my period since then, and I was wondering if this is a cause for concern or a regular thing. Also, before taking pills, my periods were irregular.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel the culprit here is your weight. At this young age of 28 years, you BMI (body mass index) is in obesity range. Increase in body fat especially in the mid-segment of the body, around waist, thighs and breasts is not a healthy sign. This fat gets converted t...  Read Full »